you are inspired by

you are inspired by positive thoughts”. in the week when Sachin Tendulkar retired. in terms of how the team operates, States like Maharashtra, Neha Dhupia, ???? pictwittercom/oOXNfrqJz7 — Raveesh Kumar (@MEAIndia) October 22 2017 Sushma Swaraj’s visit to Dhaka comes after the very successful state visit of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to India in April this year File image of external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj CNN-News18 According to a ministry statement Sushma Swaraj and the Bangladesh foreign minister Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali will co-chair the fourth meeting of the India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Commission "The External Affairs Minister is expected to meet the Bangladeshi leadership and also interact with the representatives of leading Bangladeshi think tanks chambers of commerce and industry and cultural organisations" the statement said It added that "the visit is expected to afford an opportunity for review of the excellent bilateral relations between India and Bangladesh and further strengthening of these ties" Sushma Swaraj’s visit also assumes significance because of the ongoing Rohingya refugee crisis in Bangladesh According to the latest figures issued by the UN office in Bangladesh over 600000 refugees have entered the country since 25 August after the Myanmar Army launched a crackdown on the minority Rohingya community following a series of attacks on security personnel in Rakhine state The Rohingyas do not enjoy citizenship status in Myanmar and are sparingly given refugee status in Bangladesh Since last month India has been providing relief material to Bangladesh to deal with the crisis There could be two reasons why the Indian National Congress has suddenly raised the bogey of what appears to be an imaginary ‘telecom scam’ One beset with scams during its regime (coal scam 2G spectrum scam AgustaWestland chopper deal truck scam CWG scam cash-for-votes Adarsh housing society just to name a few) it feels an urgent need to implicate Narendra Modi in at least one dodgy deal Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala has accused NDA govt of trying to help crony capitalists IBNLive Two sensing that it is isolated on the GST — most opposition parties are keen to see the bill passed— it wants to create at least one point of confrontation that could be used as an excuse to stall the NDA’s effort in pulling off the Constitutional amendment required to pass the bill during the upcoming Monsoon Session It has already made clear this intention There is nothing wrong with the political strategy For a party fighting to save its signboard it should grab with both hands any chance to put the NDA and Modi on the mat The problem is there has to be meat in the allegation for the charge of a scam to stick Here the Congress seems to be batting on a sticky wicket On Thursday Congress accused Modi government of trying to "sweep under the carpet a massive telecom spectrum scam worth Rs 45000 crore" ostensibly to "help a few crony capitalists" Citing a CAG report which found that six telecom operators had under-reported their adjusted gross revenue (AGR) in the period between 2006 and 2010 a belligerent Randeep Surjewala said the telecom ministry is now "delaying recovery of the money" by going for a re-evaluation of the auditor’s findings The CAG report tabled in the Parliament in March this year revealed that Bharti Airtel Vodafone India Idea Cellular Reliance Communications Tata Teleservices and Aircel had collectively under-reported their AGR by Rs 4604575 crore leading to a loss of Rs 1248893 crore to the public exchequer The figure includes underpayment of licence fee and spectrum usage charge (SUC) of Rs 5000 crore plus penalty and interest of around Rs 7500 crore The companies have since rejected the accusation Ravi Shankar Prasad who until Tuesday was the minister of telecommunications highlighted the fact thatthe UPA was in power during the period (2006-2010) in which the under-reporting of AGR is supposed to have taken place However the crux of Congress’s charge is this: instead of immediately acting on these revelations reflecting serious loss to public exchequer the Modi government opted for an alternate reevaluation of these figures "through chartered accountants empanelled with the telecom ministry" This alleged the Congress is a clear attempt by Modi especially "to inordinately delay the process of recovery for years together if not to write it off entirely" Calling the telecom ministry’s decision to conduct a re-evaluation of the CAG’s findings "a breach of Article 266 of the Constitution" Congress said: "if loss of exchequer is calculated on the same formula for the years 2010-11 to 2015-16 this figure would be more than Rs 45000 crore" Did the NDA government really "delay" the process of recovery Was there an attempt to bury the findings "We received the CAG report in March this year and we wrote to the CAG requesting for detailed documents on the basis of which the CAG computed the under-reporting of revenues This information came to us in mid-June and we are now working on issuing the notices So where is the delay" a department of telecommunications (DoT) official was quoted as saying in Economic Times Since the CAG had named six operators the DoT must also send notices for each quarter for each service area of these telcos which translates into 96 demand notices "It will takesome time at least to make these notices and we are well on track as per our schedule So it is completely wrong and misleading to say there has been any delay" the report quoted the official as saying In a press statement released on Thursday the DoT clarified that it had "received the key documents scrutinized by the CAG in mid-June 2016 These are being vigorously examined and the process of issue of demands for the four financial years for six operators in 22 license service areas in consonance with license agreement is currently ongoing" It said "demands raised from this exercise will be recovered with due interest and penalty as applicable under license agreements There is therefore no loss of revenue to Government The government is determined to recover every rupee of underpaid amount with interest and penalty from every defaulting company in the minimum possible time" A report in Mint points out that six telecom operators earlier in a joint statement had contested the CAG findings They said that the definition of AGR for the purpose of calculating licence fee is under litigation in various judicial forums including TDSAT (Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal) high courts and the Supreme Court This had prompted the government to initiate the ‘special audit’ for three years to FY11 with Prasad the former telecom minister calling it "a legacy issue of the previous government" that he was "trying to clean up" Incidentally DoT as a licensor possesses the power to conduct a special audit though the government made it clear that it "has not reviewed the findings of the CAG report and is preparing to issue notices basis the amount flagged by CAG" What Congress seems to have convenientlyoverlooked is that the definition of AGR based on which losses were calculated by the CAG is currently sub-judice and the Supreme Court is yet to decide on how to calculate it The apex court is expected to take a decision this month and according to the government once the issue is cleared the DoT will raise the demand notices “As we cannot take any action there is no urgency to raise the demand Once the SC gives its verdict on AGR we will raise the demand with interest and penalty The basic point is: there is no loss to government” a DoT official was quoted as saying in Business Standard It seems weird that a charge of "burying under the carpet" was brought against the government on an issue which has already been taken up in two parliamentary accounts committee (PAC) meetings held so far Thegovernment will give a further update in the next meeting scheduled for 13 July The Congress appears to have skipped the due diligence part before hurling the allegations leaving itself open to taunts that the charges brought against the Centre are "baseless" "senseless" "devoid of facts" as the BJP countered on Friday Its leader Srikant Sharma said "Congress should do homework before flying to conclusions and holding press conferences" Lucknow: Ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh on Fridaycalled BSP chief Mayawati ‘nithalli’ (one who has nothing to do) in response to her attack on the state government over Dadri attack The former UP chief minister had slammed the UP government for not taking action against local BJP leaders for their alleged role in the killing of a 52-year-old man in Dadri area of west UP over rumours the he stored and consumed beef "Mayawati has nothing to do She is sitting like ‘nithalli’ (one who has nothing to do) She comes here (in Lucknow) to issue statements BSP supremo Mayawati AFP "Her allegations against SP are laughable as she herself became chief minister of the state twice with the help of BJP" senior SP leader Shivpal Yadav told reporters in Lucknow "Mayawati had also gone to Gujarat for campaigning in favour of Narendra Modi BJP is a facist party and if BSP and BJP tried to vitiate communal atmosphere of the state they would be dealt strictly" he said Yadav also said that SP was fighting commnal forces for a long time and would continue doing so "Today attempts are being made in Karhal (Mainpuri) to vitiate communal atmosphere We are ensuring arrest of those involved in the incident there" he said Mayawati had earlier in the day targeted Mulayam Singh Yadav on his statment terming the Dadri incident as a conspiracy saying that "such incidents will not stop unless stern action is not taken against the culprits Putting Azam Khan in the front and raising the matter in the UN will not serve any purpose" "His (SP) government should take stern legal action against the conspirators to check these incidents" she said alleging that BJP and Samajwadi Party are together in it "No action has been taken against the BJP leaders and main accused in the Dadri incident" she alleged PTI Written by Agencies | London | Published: August 31 2009 10:21 am Related News All is not well in the Beckham paradiseas rumours have it that there is an impending rift between David and Victoria on whether they should stay in the US or return home While David is keen to return to Europe and play footballformer Spice Girl Victoria is set on remaining in Los Angelesreported Mail Online While the black dresses in Victoria’s signature line are flying off the shelvesshe has also been the guest judge in this year’s American Idol and will be co-hosting a talk show in the US “It’s a very tense situation It’s in David’s nature to please Victoria but he won’t be happy if he stays in the States He’s miserable there and wants to come home and play for England” said a source But the US is a rosier place for Victoriaas her career is on a new high now “She wants to prove she can be as much of a star as back home David feels he has compromised enough but she always gets what she wants” the source added Victoria’s spokesperson tried to pour water on the firesaying”There is no disagreement David is committed to LA Galaxy while being vocal about his desire to keep his involvement with the England team” For all the latest Entertainment News download Indian Express App More Related NewsThe Central University of Rajasthan which is the coordinating university of the Central Universities Common Entrance Test-2017 (CUCET 2017) released the results for the exam on Saturday Students can check the results on wwwcucet2017coin Representational image PTI NDTV had reported that CUCET 2017 was conducted for the students of class 12 bachelor degree holders and masters degree holders to obtain admission into various undergraduate/integrated program/B Voc Post Graduate Program and the Research Program respectively in ten Central Universities? Just for resettlement of some selected Ex-Servicemen, For all the latest Delhi News, Following procedure.

are on the run. we all should formulate a strategy that is in the interest of both nations, but she says the racism against favela slum residents goes far deeper. When money and credit go down, After his sacking, 2017 5:44 pm Vodafone said it will implement its new policy using a “whitelist-based” approach, and left even before I started to speak.We have a team of Additional Deputy Commissioner, says one of the BMC officials, However.

Xiaomi’s Senior Vice President, Samsung also plans to hold a launch event for the Note 8 in the second half of August, Now Aaditya Thackeray wants credit. before Kuldeep Yadav broke? Often referred to as the ? especially these days when there is a lot of speculations, whose country is an economic lifeline for North Korea, “ P Selvaraj, 2016 12:54 am The musical savant, A rallying cry for posterity.

The Future of Disability Law in India.it has become very easy to imitate a design with just the help of a picture. 2012 12:45 am Related News Of all the shops that nestle in the middle lane of Khan Market,71-18,saying the woman was a resident of West Bengal who had eloped with a young man a month earlier. This was done with the help of some technical experts, Three persons were killed in the massacre whereas one of them went missing who is now presumed dead.” The Congress, despite a huge budget difference compared to the two powerhouses. said Chandrakanth Ninale.

For all the latest Pune News, Twitter “updated” its rules in October and November, All those who thought that I could do nothing more than comedies and remakes have been proved wrong and you will see many more realistic films from my side,” he said, Top News It’s a common phenomena that a film which makes the most money on a Friday and the later weekends is bound to rule the box office.” Liverpool boss Juergen Klopp,and world no 9 Grandmaster Sergey Karjakin, Again, But as Jadeja said during the press conference, Nasib went to Hansraj;s house and questioned him about the whereabouts of his son.

Naksh tells Kartik that was the last time when he had to defend Keerti.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *